Sunday, February 28, 2010

What Will be Said of Me?

I sat quietly as each of her friends and family members spoke of her: how much she meant to them; what a blessing she was.  I had know her for only 2 years, but we had become close friend. We talked of many things, but she had never confided that her time here was so limited.

I still don't know if I would have wanted  her to tell me.

I knew her family and friends only through my conversations with her. As they tearfully reminisced of her, I wondered if they realized how much they meant to her; how much of a blessing they were in her life.

I came to believe that this is the important part of the memorial service.  We certainly should share the memories of those departed, but what is uppermost is not what a blessing they had bee to us, but what kind of blessing we were to them.

I have since reflected on those who have gone before me. I have tried to hear their words if I had been first. Would they be able to truthfully say that I was a special part of their lives?  Would  they be able to truthfully say that I made a difference? In other words, could they truthfully say all those wonderful things we hear so often after a death?

So many in my life have been a true blessing to me. I pray now that God  helps me each day to in some way  be a blessing to them.

Just a Thought by the C.
...............................................................................................

I want to thank today's sponsor and encourage you to take a moment and read their message
 Get your free diet profile

 A must read!

 A Patriot's History of the United States: From Columbus's Great Discovery to the War on Terror
HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter

1 comment:

  1. Mr C., I don't need to wait, I can tell you that you have filled my life with wisdom and friendship, and for that, I want to say, thank you!

    ReplyDelete